Shiba 500 on a leash

I apologize to my blog readers for the lack of recent posts. I was super busy in the past two weeks, but now I'm happy to report that I've filed my dissertation and am finally graduating!!

So what has Loki been up to? He's been attempting to do his Shiba 500 while leashed on our walks. I don't get it. Doesn't it hurt? He ends up hitting the end of the leash, jerking his head the other way. But he still keeps on going and going. Sometimes I don't know what to do with him. Do I let him run? Do I stop him immediately? If I let him run, he just keeps hitting the end of his leash over and over and over again. If I try to stop him, I need to shorten his leash all the way to his collar, before he will stop. Even with 6" of slack, he'll keep trying to run. If we're close to home, I try to head home and then he can do his run inside our apartment. What a silly dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow our Suki does the same thing!! Congrats on the graduation

Unknown said...

Congrats Vi!!!! Well done!!!

Winnie does the same thing too. Maybe try to do the Shiba 500 before your walk?

2shibas said...

Congrats! No wonder you're going on vacation! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...