Inadvertent positive reinforcement

During my recovery period after having baby, I've been taking my meals in the nursery. Loki has quickly learned this fact. He now comes up along with my meals. Every now and then I give him a small table scrap, and so he's developing positive associations with the nursery. He's not particularly annoying when he begs for food. He just sits there, sort of like in the picture, and waits patiently for a morsel of food. He's gotten much less afraid of the baby and much more curious. He's started to sniff more around the baby, especially when the diaper is dirty. Sniffing and being curious are all good signs.

3 comments:

Jen said...

very good news!!

RedShasta said...

Haha! I just did an article asking if Shibas were more of a "childfree" dog because so many people I've met who have them didn't have kids. I've got to say that I'm glad you're chronicling your adventures with parenthood alongside Loki and Jujube, because it's going to be a great resource for those Shiba parents who become human parents. :D Congratulations, by the way.

Lucy said...

Hey - I just wanted to say thank you for doing this blog - it helped me very much when choosing whether to get a Shiba or not. I decided to go ahead - more fool me - and I now have a wonderful little cream fella called Ziggy. I think that he is probably quite like your Loki, in that he needs special attention to get him through anything! He's so smart, he's wary of a lot of stuff - but I wouldn't change it for the world. You can catch pics of Zig on our new blog! I want to do the same for potential Shiba owners here in England!
Congratulations on your new addition too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...