Juju escaping in

Shibas are notorious escape artists. Juju, not only escapes out, but she also escapes in. We recently installed baby gates at the top of our stairs. When I left the house, I locked the baby gate. I figured this would keep the dogs out of our bedroom. Prior to the gate, we closed our bedroom door. I thought that the gate would be sufficient. Well, Juju proved me wrong. Never underestimate a shiba! When I arrived home, Juju didn't greet me. Why not? She was stuck upstairs. The gate was still locked.

Juju, how did you get upstairs?

Ah, I think this is how she got upstairs:

Now, she's made us a bit more wary about whether baby can fit through those side banister bars. Probably. We haven't done anything with that area, and we're probably not going to, but I'm a bit more cautious in watching him when he's by that area. Thanks Juju, for showing us our baby proofing oversight!

5 comments:

jen said...

Shibas ARE good for that - showing you what you forgot to block/close/pick up..

Voracious Omnivore said...

My shiba managed to squeeze her entire body through banisters like that and fell half a floor down. Thankfully she didn't get hurt and quickly learned to not stick her body that far through the banisters.

Vi said...

@Voracious Omnivore -- Good thing your doggie didn't get hurt! Fortunately, Juju's only gone up and now down.

Wendy said...

Wow, that must have hurt, but so cute of her! >w< EEEK. Maybe you should get the horizontal type of bars.

jules said...

Wow, Vi - those bars are pretty wide apart. Good thing you caught that so you can keep a lookout for baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...