Going to the vet

Today, we went to the vet. Loki was due for his rabies vaccine. And, I had been negligent about giving them heartworm prevention medication, so, I had to have them both tested again. From what I've read, if a dog does indeed have heartworm, it is very dangerous to give that dog the heartworm preventative medication. So you should make sure that your dog doesn't have heartworm before giving the preventative meds.

Here the pups are getting attention from the vet tech before going into the exam room. Loki is totally soaking up the attention. Juju's thinking, "What are you so happy about?"

Here's Loki in the exam room. He's oblivious to the horrors coming to him.

A treat box on the exam table.

Here's a funny picture of Juju.

Here's Juju being examined by the vet. Doesn't look too pleased, but she's very well behaved.

And Loki being examined by the vet. The opposite of Juju in temperament, he's not so well-behaved.

And those were our adventures at the vet!

4 comments:

jen said...

Can you believe that I have to muzzle our beagle mix Buckley at the vet!? He hates the probing.

Anonymous said...

Do you practice with the muzzle at home? I have not started, but I think I may have to, as Bowdu is completely unmanageable unless he's sedated. Can barely even get his heart rate these days. Hoping that our latest vet, who is willing to hand over some pre-examination sedatives, will be able to work with us. Otherwise, I'd be too busy apologizing to my vet during the course of the examination to take pictures!

Vi said...

@shibasenji -- No, we do not practice with the muzzle at home. We no longer muzzle him for anything at home. We just let the vet tech deal with it, and they have been very good with it. We take Loki there to get his nails done too. I think the best thing for you is to find a vet that can work well with you and your dog.

Ysabelle Lawrence said...

Waaa!! Wo Ai (I love)! This is one of the cutest dog I've seen :D I want one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...