Chasing a wet dog

Unfortunately, Loki got his poop smeared on his butt fur this afternoon. He was pooping as usual, but the last bit was hanging off of his butt. So what does he do? Run around in circles, freak out, and sit down.

So now that it was smeared into his fur, we had to go straight home for a mini bath. As I started to give him a bath, I made the terrible mistake of forgetting to close the bathroom door. Uh-oh...

All of a sudden, I am no longer by the bathtub, but rather running around my apartment trying to catch a wet dog. Loki looks like he's having the time of his life. The more frustrated I am, the happier he seems to be.

In the end, I caught him and we completed his bath with the door closed! Yes, I learned my lesson.

2 comments:

Par said...

Hahahaha.........
I usually bring wet towels with me to clean up jj's butt. But I bet he had a fun time getting away... :P

Mari said...

rotflma - I have done that same thing but I had one additioanl adventure! Add to that the fact that I'm in a bathrobe because I get just as soaked as my Kuma does during this process. *Then* add the doorbell ringing and the UPS man being greeted by a deranged looking woman in a very damp bathrobe trying (unsuccessfully) to keep her equally deranged looking shiba inu in the house while signing for her package. The dog (who's coat approximates wet velcro) immediately bolts out the door, past the nice, but very startled UPS man, and proceeds roll in a large patch of leaves and mud. Ya gotta love a dog with simple goals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...