Why a Shiba Inu?

To begin with, since we live in an apartment, we needed a small dog. The more I researched the Shiba Inu, the more I realized that this breed is exactly like Yun and me.

The AKC says that the temperament of the Shiba Inu is:
A spirited boldness, a good nature, and an unaffected forthrightness, which together yield dignity and natural beauty [dignity and natural beauty? Hmm... obviously like me]. The Shiba has an independent nature [independent? just like both Yun and me] and can be reserved toward strangers [definitely me!] but is loyal and affectionate to those who earn his respect. At times aggressive toward other dogs, the Shiba is always under the control of his handler. Any aggression toward handler or judge or any overt shyness must be severely penalized. [Hm... overt shyness must be severely penalized? no one warned me.]
The National Shiba Club of America says:
The Japanese have three words to describe the Shiba temperament. The first is "kan-i" which is bravery and boldness [boldness? That's Yun.] combined with composure and mental strength [Obviously, both of us.]. The opposite side of "kan-i" is "ryosei" which means good nature with a gentle disposition [Both of us to varying degrees. Personally, I think this fits me more so than Yun.]. One cannot exist without the other. The charming side of the Shiba is "sobuku" which is artlessness with a refined [refined? Me, me!] and open spirit. [open spirit? That's Yun.]

Then after seeing these beautiful creatures in person, our hearts were sold. Shiba Inus are the perfect breed for us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...