Baby and Juju

At the age of 15 months, this morning was one of the first times that I’ve seen Baby play with one of our dogs. It was a beautiful sight, full of giggles and tail wags. In the rush of this morning, when we typically race against the clock, time stood still for a few moments. I was facing my closet as I was getting dressed when I heard the clink-clink of Juju’s collar. I turned around to see Baby holding out a stick of cardboard for Juju. It was one of those sticks of cardboard that dry cleaners put on metal hangers for hanging up pants. True to my uptight personality, my first thought was “No! Stop!,” but then I realized that there was no harm in a flimsy piece of cardboard. Baby clumsily poked Juju with it as she bounced all around him. At time she licked the cardboard, which elicited tons of laughter. And at other times she tried to take the cardboard with her mouth. This too was hilarious to my little one. As an adult, I don’t know what was so funny, but I smiled at the two of them, cheerfully playing with each other.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

precious moments :)

jen said...

aw, that's perfect :)

Dog Walker Los Angeles said...

Exciting moments..
Thanks for post.

Anonymous said...

My daughter had to give us her nearly 5 year old Shiba last August. Her now 19 mo old has a stuffed dog she always calls Oh oh when she picks it up. She says Oh, oh a lot. Recently, the toddler learned how to say M so now when she picks up the stuffed dog she says Mo mo, the Shiba's name. She must miss her dog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...