Off-leash by accident

This afternoon, Yun reported one of his misadventures with the dogs last night. Good thing that I saw both dogs this morning and knew that they were okay before Yun related his tale, otherwise, I wouldn't have been so happy with him.

Yun is responsible for taking the dogs out for their last pee at night. This usually occurs well after I have gone to bed. Last night, Yun tells me that he started to take the dogs out as he usually does. That is, he opened the door to our front landing and proceeded to walk down the outside stairs with the dogs in tow. But as he was heading down the stairs he wondered, "Why are the dogs so far ahead of me?" Suddenly, it dawned on him that he forgot to put their leashes on! Yes, you read that right. He forgot to put their leashes on! What? How in the world did he forget to put their leashes on? I can't comprehend such absent mindedness.

Anyways back to our story. He raced inside, grabbed the leashes, and then grabbed some treats. Once outside again, he realized that both pups didn't go anywhere. They waited patiently for him at the bottom of the stairs. They didn't cross the street. (It's not a busy one, just a residential side street.) They didn't walk down the sidewalk. They didn't wander anywhere! Without further ado, he slipped on their leashes and they all went about their merry way to pee on bushes and stuff.

I was shocked! Shocked that Yun could actually forget the leashes. And shocked that the dogs didn't go anywhere. I'm amazed that they just patiently waited for him at the bottom of the steps.

5 comments:

Chelsea and Wilson said...

Thats very good! I heard a lot of horror stories about Shibas and being off leash, clearly your pups love you a whole lot!

Shiba Tail said...

That's great! Just another testament that shibas aren't necessarily bad off leash :)

Anonymous said...

Aw! You guys have good puppies!

I've always been set on getting a shiba puppup later on when I'm more settled with life and such, but the more and more I research the more scared I get about hearing how difficult they are especially bolting out open doors. But after finding your blog and reading about your dogs it's relieving to know how obedient they are! I'm really impressed with them and I love your blog!

Mika said...

I'm sure Loki and Juju were thinking "okay, we need to wait for the human. He forgot something.." =P

The Shiba said...

They were probably standing there thinking that Yun was an idiot for forgetting their leashes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...