Happy Birthday Loki!

It's Loki's fourth birthday today! I can't believe he's already four!

But more importantly, we're celebrating the fact that he's not bitten anyone for the past year! One full year of no bites! We used to have aggression problems with Loki. (See here and here and here and here.)

After we hired the dog behaviorist, we changed our approach with Loki, and his behavior improved. Her assessment was that Loki had fear aggression, not dominance aggression. And we should respect the way he tried to communicate to us. Thus, if he showed his teeth or growled, we'd respect that rather than try to correct it.

I remain cautious around Loki and cautious about when the baby is near Loki. I try to make sure that Loki has positive associations with the baby, and I don't think that he'd do anything to the baby, but I also don't let my guard down.

Anyways, a big fat YAY for a full year of no bites!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Loki!

And a year with no bites is a great milestone, too.

Gina said...

Happy Loki Day!

machiaj cursuri said...

Happy birthday Loki! Wow, a year without bites. Now that is really impressive. I try to teach my dog not to bite and I think we’re making progress, but a year, that’s a true accomplishment. Congrats!

jenna said...

Happy Birthday Loki!

Me said...

Happy 4th birthday, Loki!

Anonymous said...

Happy Barkday, Loki! mfromdc

Cynthia said...

Yay for Loky, Happy Birthday !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...